[rhn-users] RE: Error registering server with satellite-server

Caetano, Greg Greg.Caetano at hp.com
Fri Jun 15 17:11:44 UTC 2007

I have a user that is receiving this "software updates setup
unsuccessful" dialog box when registering a RHEL5 server to a v4.2.1
Satellite Server.

The system is registered - we see the messages regarding sending the
profile - the review subscription details screen appears - then this
message box. We log into the satellite server and it appears to have a
proper profile and we can interactively request updates from the server
command line.

Is this triggered because some service is not running "rhnsd" or
yum-updatesd?

It appears this message is from this code segment in
/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/gui.py

        self.finishPage.emit_stop_by_name("prepare")
        if rhnregGui.hasBaseChannelAndUpdates():
            self.druid.finish.set_label(_("_Finish"))
            title = _("Finish setting up software updates")
        else:
            self.druid.finish.set_label(_("_Exit software update
setup"))
            title = _("software updates setup unsuccessful")
        self.finishPagePrepare()

Thanks
Greg

Greg Caetano
HP TSG Linux Solutions Alliances Engineering Chicago, IL
greg.caetano at hp.com Red Hat Certified Engineer
RHCE#803004972711193