[rhn-users] CLI Update

Jim Lyle jimlyle at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 16:56:54 UTC 2007

Hello all,
  I am trying to put together a script that will go out and update my
servers.  The intention is to put it in cron, giving myself adequate
leeway after testing of course :)  I am subscribed to rhel-i386-es-4.
I don't need assistance with the script, but rather the specific
command.

I see a ton of options for up2date, but all I want to do is update
packages that are currently on the system.

I see the following options for up2date, but neither quite fits:

-i or --install wants a specific package name
--installall *appears* to want to install *all* packages in that channel.

Any suggestions?  Yes, I could do it on the webpage, but currently do
not have management entitlements, so would have do do each system
individually and that would be a very very very last step.

Thank you for your time!!
-Jim

--
"He who fights too long against dragons becomes
a dragon himself;  and if you gaze too long into the