[rhn-users] up2date broke up2date RHEL4

John Fulton fultonj at lafayette.edu
Thu Mar 1 12:17:57 UTC 2007

Alfred,

Thanks for your advice.  I was able to fix the system.

First I tried:

rpm --rebuilddb
rm -rf /var/spool/up2date/*
up2date-nox -pvvv --hardware
up2date-nox -lvvv
up2date-nox -uvvv

But had the same issue.  RedHat support suggested that I remove the
packages that up2date was complaining about with:

rpm -e --justdb --nodeps --noscripts --notriggers php-pear-4.3.9-3.22.3
rpm -e --justdb --nodeps --noscripts --notriggers php-ldap-4.3.9-3.22.3
rpm -e --justdb --nodeps --noscripts --notriggers
xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-devel-6.8.2-1.EL.13.37.5

I was able to then have a normal 'up2date -u' and it seems to be
fixed.

  John