[rhn-users] tzdata for rh 7?

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Thu Mar 1 19:10:30 UTC 2007

Hi Paula,

Paula J. Lindsay wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> we have several machines running rh 7.  Can we use the "yum install tzdata"
> to sync with the new dst?

This list is for discussions about using Red Hat Network to manage and
apply updates to Red Hat Enterprise Linux, including discussion about
particular Red Hat Enterprise Linux updates.

This list is not intended for discussion about topics specific to Red
Hat Enterprise Linux (or Red Hat Linux) that do not involve Red Hat Network.

For discussion of Red Hat Linux, you may want to try:

* redhat-list at redhat.com [1]
* valhalla-list at redhat.com (RH Linux 7.3 discussion) [2]
* enigma-list at redhat.com (RH Linux 7.3 discussion) [3]

However, please be aware that Red Hat Linux 7 has not been a supported
product of Red Hat, Inc. for quite some time now - support for this
product ended on April 30th, 2004 [4]. I think that if you were to find
a new dst, it would not be provided by Red Hat or Red Hat Network.

I strongly recommend that you consider migrating from Red Hat Linux 7 to
a newer operating system so that you can have peace of mind about the
security of your systems. More information on how to do this is here:

http://www.redhat.com/rhel/migrate/redhatlinux/

Good luck.

~m