[rhn-users] Upgrading AS 3 satellite from 3.6.6 to 4.2.0

Clifford Perry cperry at redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 21:35:32 UTC 2007

Humm... since the system is not in active use at the time of doing the
upgrade.

rpm -Uvh --oldpackage the perl-DateTime-TimeZone-0.32-3.rhel3 from
within RPMS dir on the ISO, or rpm -e perl-DateTime-TimeZone.. then try
again with the upgrade. The upgrade/install process will install
perl-DateTime-TimeZone-0.59-2.rhel3 and post install an 'up2date -u'
will re-upgrade to the newer version.

This is the first reported case of this that I have heard off, but will
forward this suggested work around internally to Red Hat Support. Unless
of course you report back saying it failed.

FYI - there is a Satellite specific mailing list - rhn-satellite-users,
which you may wish to join.

Cliff.