[rhn-users] Re: rhn-users Digest, Vol 37, Issue 18

Jonathan Klay Jonathan.Klay at noaa.gov
Tue Mar 20 17:00:58 UTC 2007

Yes, and maybe.

cpu - 32 bit vs. 64 bit?  Cannot run a 64 bit OS on 32 bit hardware.  If
one unit is AMD and one Intel based, you may have trouble - haven't
tried this in years though..
hard drive controller - ATA or SCSI?  If SCSI, is it controlled by the
same kernel driver?
And there may be other less common critical hardware differences.  Many
drivers will resolve on first boot when kudzu runs. You may need to
reconfigure network settings.
Might as well try it!  Make sure the bios is set to correct boot drive...
JK

BTW, this list is for RedHat Network - OS updates and patches, etc.