[rhn-users] Installing packages from RHEL FasTrack via RHN

Bret McMillan bretm at redhat.com
Wed Nov 7 03:04:31 UTC 2007

J E wrote:
> Ok, maybe I'm missing it, but I'm still getting the hang of things in
> RHN-land.
>
> I'm testing out the Push update features, and I'd like to install a few
> packages from the FasTrack channel  - but it seems I can't quite figure
> out what I need to do. I've added that channel to the host in question,
> but the packages I want still don't show up when I got to "Install
> Packages" and look for them.
>
> Can I do it this way? Or do I have to download and install them by
> hand?  (I'm guessing if I really wanted to, Yum would do it on the host
> side, too?)

If your system is subscribed to the channel, you should be able to
schedule installs/updates, as well as using the commandline clients
(up2date, yum).

Please note that some views via the webui differentiate between
installing new applications, and updating existing ones; you might want
to check the "Update" screens as well.

--Bret