[rhn-users] Determining whether RHEL4 is registered?

Timothy Kallinis timothyk at xandros.com
Wed Nov 7 15:56:31 UTC 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Phil Edwards wrote:

> Timothy Kallinis wrote:
>> Hi, I have an interesting dilemma regarding registration with up2date in
>> RHEL4. I have a yum (yum-arch) repo I want to use under RHEL4 with up2date.
>> However, if a system is not registered, I need to comment out the following
>> line:
>>
>> up2date default
>>
>> in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
>>

> Hi Timothy:
>
> I had a slightly similar issue to deal with. As I work for an organisation
> which deploys an average of 3 - 5 new servers a week, my solution may not be
> wholly appropriate for you, but see what you think:
>
> Regards
>
> Phil Edwards
> Brighton, UK

Thanks for the reply, Phil. Unfortunately, your soln is not viable for me;
although, I do like what you did. I also built yum under RHEL4, but I've
been told that we have to use up2date on RHEL4 systems. The decision was
made not to install yum on RHEL4 systems. So, my problem still stands: I
need to determine whether a RHEL4 system is registered.

Regards,

Timothy Kallinis
Xandros Corporation (www.xandros.com) | 613-842-3494 x441