[rhn-users] Provisioning Xen from RHN

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 00:52:53 UTC 2007

Lamon, Frank III wrote:
> Is it possible something in the latest RHEL4/Sat up2date or Sat sync
> broke the ability to boot from the /kickstart/dist locations?
>
> I used to be able to use
> --location=http://satserver.fqdn/kickstart/dist/ks-rhel-i386-es-4-u5 and
> boot straight from there, but its no longer working. Now I get "ERROR:
> Invalid install location" - I've tried using different dists and get the
> same response. This worked two weeks ago.
>
> Thanks,
> Frank

It shouldn't have broken it.  Does your Satellite have:

/var/satellite/rhn/kickstart/ks-rhel-i386-es-4-u5

on its disk?  That is where the tree is located (sans-rpms, they are
grabbed from /var/satellite/redhat/NULL).

You can find a bit more info about your method of getting the trees on
our wiki:

https://wiki.108.redhat.com/wiki/index.php/KickstartTipsandTricks

FYI, rhn-satellite-users list is where most of the Satellite related
traffic goes.

--
Mike McCune
mmccune at redhat.com
Engineering               | Portland, OR
RHN Satellite             | 650.567.9039x79248