[rhn-users] How do I re-associate my system with a channel?

Windsor Dave L. (AdP/MOE2.12) Dave.Windsor at us.bosch.com
Fri Oct 12 17:51:02 UTC 2007

I have a RHEL4 server that I set up last year and that has been happily
working with RHN for most of the time since.  Unfortunately, a few weeks
ago, my purchasing group let my Red Hat support expire, and my system
apparently became unassociated with RHN update channels.  The support
contract has supposedly been renewed, but I still get the message

    "This system may not be updated until it is associated wioth a
channel.".

When I login to the RHN website and go to the Software Channels page for
my system, it shows that I have no Base Channel and the only selection
in the drop-down box is "(none, disable service)".

What procedure do I need to follow to make the channel list available
again?  How can I verify that the renewal was properly processed?

Thanks very much for any help!

Best Regards,

Dave Windsor

Robert Bosch LLC
Team Leader, Test Systems Engineering: Hybrid ECU/TCU (AdP/MOE2.1)
4421 Highway 81 North
Anderson, SC 29621 USA
www.bosch.us <http://www.bosch.us>

Tel:  1 (864) 260-8459