[rhn-users] GTK2

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Jan 30 13:24:43 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 30 January 2008 15:03:14 Gsellmann, Guenter wrote:
> Due to my package manager, this one is installed as well:
> pytgtk2-2.10.1-8.el5.x86_64

The requirement section on the OOF website is not very clear. It seems it
requires the development library for gtk2, so please install gtk2-devel
(RHEL5 has gtk2-devel-2.10.4-16.el5), which will get you here:

$ python setup.py build
Can't find libgnomecanvas-2.0! Version 2.6 or later required

To fix this, install the libgnomecanvas-devel package, which will get you to:
$ python setup.py build
Can't find pygtk-2.0! Version 2.6 or later required

Then install pygtk2-devel, then ImageMagick-devel. It will then stop
complaining, but linking will fail if you don't install lapack-devel. Once
lapack-devel is installed, it will compile (at least it does on my
workstation, which has RHEL5 x86_64 installed, but is currently running
Mandriva 2008.0 x86_64).

> And furthermore this package is supported by RHLE

Which package?

In future, please try not to misrepresent insufficient build instruction, or
your lack of experience compiling software, as a shortcoming of the
distribution.

Maybe I should just package it for Mandriva, and give you a rebuild for
RHEL5 ...

Regards,
Buchan