[rhn-users] GTK2

Gsellmann, Guenter Guenter.Gsellmann at borealisgroup.com
Wed Jan 30 14:10:11 UTC 2008

>In future, please try not to misrepresent insufficient build instruction, or
>your lack of experience compiling software, as a shortcoming of the
>distribution.

I am not criticize RHLE, I am just quoting the answer of RHLE Support:

"The software you are trying to install (OOf2) has a prerequisite of gtk+-2.0 version. But the latest version of gtk+ shipped and supported with RHEL 5.1 is gtk+-1.2.10-56.el5:1.i386."

Furthermore I have just started to work with linux.

>Maybe I should just package it for Mandriva, and give you a rebuild for
>RHEL5 ...

If it's possible this will be a great help. Thanks

Regards, Günter

This Email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of
the individual or the entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this Email by error,
please notify the sender and delete the material from any storage device. Borealis extends no
warranties and makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of the information
provided. It is the customer's responsibility to inspect and test our products and technical
advice in order to satisfy itself as to the suitability of the products and technical advice for
the customer's particular purpose.