[rhn-users] RHN website is slow, and session times out too fast

akrherz at iastate.edu akrherz at iastate.edu
Tue Jan 13 19:41:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, NM wrote:

> I find the RHN network website quite a pain to use; it's very slow for
> me, and the unconfigurable session timeout is really annoying. I tried
> using an autorefresh extension to keep the session fresh but to no
> avail. This is esp. problematic as I often have to do some work in
> terminals, go to look something on the website and ... I have to log
> back in ... wait a good 10s ... forget where I was ... blam 5 minutes of
> concentration lost.
>
> Seriously, this is annoying.

Me too :)

One thing you can do to help your situation is to disable all of the front
page widgets when you log in.  That will speed up the login time
considerably.  With the widgets enabled, I was not even able to log in
without the connection timing out :(

  https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/account/UserPreferences.do

daryl