[rhn-users] Fwd: Red Hat patch updates

Amit Laxmikant Pande pamitlaxmikant at novell.com
Wed May 20 05:45:30 UTC 2009

 Can someone throw  light on this ?

 To be specific, I wanted to understand the interfaces provided by

"https://xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com/XMLRPC".

If this is not the right forum for this question , can somebody help me re-direct to the appropriate people ?

Thanks,
Amit

>>> On 5/13/2009 at  3:49 PM, in message <4A13E5BA.6720.00D7.0 at novell.com>, Amit Laxmikant Pande wrote:

 Might be a little trivial question. But I am little new to Red Hat repositories.

  I have a Red Hat server and I am getting my updates from "https://xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com/XMLRPC"

  I traced the request and response and found that in the response , I get the package information but did not find any category information.
  For instance, if it's security update, optional update or recommended update.

  Am I missing something here ? Can you please me where can I find more information about the patches hosted by red hat  which will have this category
  information associated with it ?

 Which XML PRC method call I need to make in order to get this information ?

 I would appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks,
Amit