[rhn-users] Fwd: Red Hat patch updates

Paul Wayper paulway at sgs.immi.gov.au
Wed May 20 06:14:29 UTC 2009

Amit Laxmikant Pande wrote:

>  Can someone throw  light on this ?
>

>  To be specific, I wanted to understand the interfaces provided by
>

> "/_https://xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com/XMLRPC_/".
>

> If this is not the right forum for this question , can somebody help
> me re-direct to the appropriate people ?

I guess my thought here is: are you not getting the information you need
out of the RHN web interface (http://rhn.redhat.com)?  That should list
all your hosts, with the packages they have installed, what updates are
available for them, and so on.  Writing your own XMLRPC client to poll
the RHN server seems like the hard way to do it :-)

Hope this helps,

Paul