[rhn-users] RHN Hosted web session expires too quickly

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 12:23:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 7:13 AM, daryl herzmann <akrherz at iastate.edu> wrote:
> Well howdy there!
>
> I am a RHN hosted user that is getting very frustrated with having my web
> session timeout after what seems to be only a few minutes of inactivity
> (perhaps 5-15 minutes worth).  It was a much longer period prior to a few
> months ago.
>
> I asked redhat support and got this response:
>
>  "We would like inform you that, times out session for RHN is not
>   configurable and we can not change it."
>
> Well that is not cool.  Does anybody know of a setting or something that I
> can do to work around this?

In my recent experience it doesn't seem to be based on inactivity at
all. When I'm creating new RHN accounts I can't even complete two new
accounts before I'm required to login again. I get redirected to the
login page right in the middle on a continuous stream of work on RHN
and it is very annoying indeed.

John