[rhn-users] Unable to get updates from RHN

WARREN.CRIGGER at bcbssc.com WARREN.CRIGGER at bcbssc.com
Fri Jan 8 19:23:10 UTC 2010

I've had the same problem with the same resolution but its reoccurring.  It seems to stem from an incorrect timestamp on a file in your cache (unfortunately I've forgotten which - I think filelists.xml.gz).  The timestamp is blatantly wrong and is many years into the future.   Therefore, when comparing the date on what is downloaded to what is cached, it assumes you already have the latest version and is wrong....hence, cleaning the cache resolves the problem, until next time.

This sounds like something for Bugzilla, however, I don't have the time at the moment.  I will try to do that at a better time if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Warren Crigger