[rhos-list] Folsom Preview RPM question

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 00:45:46 UTC 2012

On 12/03/2012 06:14 PM, John Larson wrote:
> Perry,
>
> Thank you very much for responding so quickly. I really don't know how
> to configure any of the other plug-ins as I am using the Red Hat Folsom
> Preview Getting Started Guide so I guess I'll just wait.

Yeah, right now the OVS instructions are the only ones we have since the
other plugins rely on vendor support or hardware.  We're going to be
working with these other vendors over time to shore up both the support
for Quantum plugins that require 3rd party software/hardware and also to
get better documentation around them.

> It is curious that there are openvswitch plugins for Quantum in the
> Essex preview channel and I thought Essex was the predecessor to Folsom.

Ah, if openvswitch-quantum-openstack was in the RHOS Essex Preview
channel, that was an oversight.  It should not have been there, since
it's not usable without an underlying OS that has the kernel support

Alan, we should probably remove that package to prevent further
confusion. since we're only intending to allow OVS usage w/ Folsom.  Can
you take care of that?

Cheers,

Perry