[rhos-list] Red Hat OpenStack Guide?

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 17:10:34 UTC 2013

Ive been working on that with my scripts
essentially just about every thing in quantum can be set up in a live
live mode except the L3 agent (the one that manages the gateways for
the VLANs).
see here http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-network/admin/content/ch_high_avail.html
The openvswitch or Linux bridge agent should be running on each
compute node, I also run the dhcp agent on each compute node as well.
For the L3 agent since you can only have 1 running at a time you need
to have a HA management service handle the failover.
The end point can be a standard http(s) loadbalancer  with two or more
instances of the API server running on your controller nodes.
I haven't gotten into ryu yet so I have no information for you on that.