[rhos-list] Red Hat OpenStack Guide?

Giulio Fidente gfidente at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 22 16:27:38 UTC 2013

On 02/22/2013 04:04 PM, Lutz Lange wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> i started playing with our Folsom packages and used our quickstart guide
> for that.
>
> What i found strange was, that we did not separate cloud controler &
> compute nodes. Do we have a guide on how to setup more that one node
> that does everything?

I've done this before on Fedora installing the components each on a
separate host, hacking around some upstream guide:

http://docs.openstack.org/folsom/openstack-compute/install/yum/content/

You can also share a single qpid and mysql instance across the different
services.

For what concerns the nova-network service, you only need to install it
on a single node and configure the network_host on the other compute
instances.

If you're going to use quantum instead, there is a clear distinguish
between the steps needed to install the quantum service and the agents.
--
Giulio Fidente
IRC: giulivo