[rhos-list] unable to delete an instance

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 16:45:09 UTC 2013

On 03/21/2013 12:00 PM, Vogel Nicolas wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I had an instance who couldn’t terminate properly so I used the command
> “nova reset-state –active <id>” to modify her status to Active. It works
> but after that, using nova delete <id>, my instance is still standing in
> the “Deleting” Task.
>
> Can I delete this instance direct in the database? What is the way to
> manually terminate an instance?

We need to go back to figuring out why the instance couldn't be deleted
originally.  Do you know how you got it into that state?

If all else fails, the brute force is manually removing the instance
from the database and the hypervisor, but you should never have to do that.

> This instance had a volume attached to her so I think I will have to
> manually detach and delete this volume too. But command nova volume-list
> is giving me “ERROR: ConnectionRefused: '[Errno 111] Connection refused'”.

Do other nova commands give you that error?  Can you provide the full
command and output?

--
Russell Bryant