Re: [scl.org] Minutes from CentOS SIG sync-up meeting on #centos-devel (2014-12-03)

On 12/04/2014 09:53 AM, Radek Vokal wrote:
On 12/03/2014 07:35 PM, Honza Horak wrote:
Initial content:
  * there were concerns what will happen with downstream collections
already in git.c.o -- we'll let the existing SCLs as they are now, at
least for beginning
  * the sig can/could/should provide them as a build (not priority for
beginning)
  * we should see what the biggest consumers need -- openshift origins
or foreman
  * since there is quite big demand for php and mariadb, we will begin
with those two collections

New scl-utils:
  * next version of scl-utils will offer environment modules, but it is
not ready so far

Access to git/koji:
  * since nobody objected against proposed git structure, we'll start
with what is proposed at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Hhorak/Draft/centos-scl-git-proposal
  * in order to start we need to submit a bug with login, gpg public
key, email and request git/koji access for both services in parallel
  * in koji, alphacc is executioner on the koji setup, but mikem,
imcleod_ and MerlinTHP might be able to help as well

Bug reporting:
  * we do not know how to track bugs so far

Honzo, so what's the connection now to scl.org? Will build collections
appear there eventually?

I believe this is the best way to go, and at that point we don't need to rebuild collections in copr any more, since it does not make sense to build almost same collections twice. That would mean to add a new way to sync bits from centos koji, but should not be hard to do.

Can the bug tracker be hosted there?

It could. CentOS currently suggests to use bugs.centos.org [1], but having a bug tracker on scl.org for all collections available there (near where the bits are announced) makes sense to me.

[1] http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/SCL

I know we
had a testing askbot instance at scl.org - should that be used for user
feedback?

You mean instead of proper bug tracker? We can give it a try and see if it works.

Honza

Radek

Full meeting log attached.

Conversation will continue at