Re: [scl.org] Ruby on Rails 4.2 collection

Hi,

If you already spoke to Honza then I don't have much to add to this.

If you need any help, you can reach me.

Best
Josef

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Dominic Cleal <dominic cleal org> wrote:
Hi folks, I work on the Foreman project (http://theforeman.org) which is a heavy user of the RoR collections on EL6 and EL7. We currently use ruby193, and are migrating to rh-ror41 & rh-ruby22 as I write this. I'm interested in updating to Rails 4.2 soon for parity with Fedora 22+, so I plan to start a new ror42 collection. I'd like to propose this for inclusion under the CentOS SCLo SIG, so it'd be named "sclo-ror42". It would pretty much be a rebuild of Rails 4.2.4 (or .5, released last week) from Fedora 23/rawhide. It would depend on rh-ruby22, and be very similar to rh-ror41. I discussed the idea with Honza at the SCLo sync-up yesterday, who mentioned that RHSCL may decide to ship a similar collection, but not for some time. This sclo-ror42 collection would act as a stop-gap until that's available. Any feedback or offers of help are welcome. Cheers,