Re: [scl.org] [CentOS-devel] CBS build tags and git branches names for SCL

On 03/04/2015 01:42 PM, Honza Horak wrote:
On 02/25/2015 06:14 PM, Honza Horak wrote:
On 02/24/2015 08:47 AM, Honza Horak wrote:

I'm also still thinking about destination tags for sclo SIG -- currently
there are those two proposed for every elX version: scloX-testing and
scloX-release..

And the process (as I understand it) requires rpms first to be tagged
into scloX-testing and after it tag those built from SCM into
scloX-release.

I'm not sure if the middle step with scloX-testing is required for rpms
coming from 'rpms' git project actually, since those should already be
tested from 'sclo' git project.

So, can we actually simplify the process and tag into scloX-release
right after building from 'rpms' git project?

If not, then I'd propose to have some different tag for not-yet-released
rpms from the stable repos (e.g. scloX-candidate)

Then it would work like this:
rpms built from 'sclo' git repos will be tagged into scloX-testing
rpms built from 'rpms' git repos will be tagged first into
scloX-candidate and then into sclX-release on releasing

Thoughts?

There is also another idea Remi suggested.. It's basically about having
3 repositories:

- centos-scl => downstream of RHSCL, same content, only for CentOS users

- centos-scl-devel / testing => upstream of RHSCL (we need to ensure
that NEVR in this repo < previous one)

Do we really? I understand that repo more like rawhide in Fedora and it feels correct to me to update collections as soon as this testing repository is enabled.

Not speaking about technical aspect, that would probably require to set epoch in every package in RHSCL, right?

Honza

and perhaps additional packages
(for CentOS and RHSCL users)

- centos-scl-sig / additional / stable => package NOT in RHSCL. This can
be used by CentOS and RHSCL users.