Re: [scl.org] [CentOS-devel] CBS build tags and git branches names for SCL

On 03/11/2015 07:48 PM, Honza Horak wrote:
On 03/11/2015 06:29 PM, Campbell, Stuart I. wrote:
>So, having this changed workflow on my mind, the branches/tags set
>becomes more complicated... Let's see (using 'rhscl' for identifying
>collections that are part of RHSCL -- not sure how much it will confuse
>users):
>
>final tags (and repositories):
>sclo6-release
>sclo6-testing
>sclo7-release
>sclo7-testing
>sclo6-rhscl-release
>sclo6-rhscl-testing
>sclo6-rhscl-future
>sclo7-rhscl-release
>sclo7-rhscl-testing
>sclo7-rhscl-future

One thing I'd like to do differently -- I've never liked "future" name much and after Monday's hangout where Karanbir used "-devel", I think that would be much better label (and we save one letter in the long names, yeah!), so the list of repos and tags will be:

sclo6-rhscl-release
sclo6-rhscl-testing
sclo6-rhscl-devel
sclo7-rhscl-release
sclo7-rhscl-testing
sclo7-rhscl-devel

and the same for tags:
sclo6-el6-rh-mariadb100-build
sclo7-el7-rh-mariadb100-build
sclo6-el6-rhscl-devel-rh-mariadb100-build
sclo7-el7-rhscl-devel-rh-mariadb100-build

and targets:
sclo6-el6-rh-mariadb100
sclo7-el7-rh-mariadb100
sclo6-el6-rhscl-devel-rh-mariadb100
sclo7-el7-rhscl-devel-rh-mariadb100
(also notice moving -rhscl-devel to the middle, to be consistent with tag names)

Honza

>build tags for e.g. collection rh-mariadb100:
>sclo6-el6-rh-mariadb100-build
>sclo7-el7-rh-mariadb100-build
>sclo6-el6-rhscl-future-rh-mariadb100-build
>sclo7-el7-rhscl-future-rh-mariadb100-build
>(We need to keep the disttag (el6, el7) in the name as agreed from the
>beginning for all SIGs)
>
>build targets:
>sclo6-el6-rh-mariadb100
>sclo6-el6-rh-mariadb100-rhscl-future
>sclo7-el7-rh-mariadb100
>sclo7-el7-rh-mariadb100-rhscl-future
>
>git branches under sclo/ project:
>sclo6-rh-mariadb100
>sclo7-rh-mariadb100
>
>git branches under rpms/ project:
>sclo6-rh-mariadb100
>sclo7-rh-mariadb100
>
>Again, will be glad for any feedback for this..
>
>Honza

I asked around a few users at my work place (large national lab) and
they didn’t seem to be confused at all about the ‘rhscl’ naming.
People pretty much guessed that these were collections that were part
of rhscl.  Although the ‘sclo’ naming did seem to confuse pretty much
everyone - but that’s a different issue.

Thanks for the quick feedback!