[scl.org] collections sclo-vagrant1, rh-ror41 and rh-ruby22 ready

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Oct 15 09:28:12 UTC 2015

On 15/10/15 08:44, Josef Stribny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 1:06 AM, Honza Horak <hhorak at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Here is a couple of things I've promised to do on today's SCLo
>> meeting. First, I've verified that sclo-vagrant1 collection works fine
>> and imho it includes everything it should, so let's ship it!
>
> Great ;).

woo!

>> The packages from all three collections sclo-vagrant1, rh-ruby22 and
>> rh-ror41 are also tagged into -release already (el7 only, since
>> sclo-vagrant1 is not built for el6). Test that checks the package
>> lists for all collections is available here:
>> https://github.com/sclorg/sclo-ci-tests/tree/master/validate-pkg-list
>> There is also the rest of what original Karanbir's script for
>> validating sclo-vagrant1 did, available at:
>> https://github.com/sclorg/sclo-ci-tests/tree/master/validate-install
>> but the structure of this might change a bit after we'll include the
>> other tests that Matej is working on.. Anyway, there is run.sh in the
>> root of the repository, which may be used to run all the tests, so
>> something like that should work generally for every collection: #> git
>> clone https://github.com/sclorg/sclo-ci-tests.git #> cd sclo-ci-tests
>> #> ./run.sh sclo-vagrant1 7 Let me know if there is anything else
>> needed from my side (except the release announcement I still need to
>> figure out), for the initial release..
>
> I assume my part is done as well, but if I need to do something in order
> to push it out, just let me know.

it would be great to have a SCL's section on wiki.centos.org along with
some getting started content ( maybe something generic for all the scl's
- even if the content is short and has a url leading to a
softwarecollections.org page for more info ). and then it would be great
to have a single page for the major collections, like vagrant. a
quickstart gives us something to url and send announcement traffic to,
and has typically proven to be a good engagement point even down the road.

Finally, I've written a test that stress's a box in libvirt and another
test that does the same for vbox, do we want to have more testing ?
should we be testing things other than 'the box comes up, i can login' etc

finally, I am hoping there is an update cadence in place. Someone is
going to be doing updates for these collections right ?

regards,

--
Karanbir Singh