[scl.org] When will rh-postgresql94 SCL be updated in CentOS?

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Fri Jul 28 13:36:47 UTC 2017

On 07/19/2017 04:34 PM, Tadej Janež wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a fleet of CentOS and RHEL machines which use rh-postgresql94
> SCL.
>
> I saw that RHEL machines got an update to version 9.4.12-1.el7, but the
> CentOS machines didn't.

Hi Tadej, I've just started the builds, so they should get to the repos
in couple of next days..

> Searching the CBS, I found that version 9.4.9-1.el7 is the latest one:
> http://cbs.centos.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=1695
>
> Besides the obvious question stated in the subject, I would also kindly
> ask for answers to:
> 1. What is the current process of updates flowing from RHSCLs to Centos
> SCLs?

jstanek and myself are now the main "rebuilders", we have some tooling
for taking the released sources and rebuilding in cbs.centos.org, but
it's more ad-hoc action at this point. We're working on some better
automation though.

> 2. Where does softwarecollections.org fit into the picture?

It currently serves as a catalog of collections, we don't rsync the
packages any more, we just tell people what SCLs are available and how
they can be enabled on RHEL and on CentOS, see for example:
https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/rh-postgresql94/

Hope that answered your questions.
Honza