Re: [scl.org] How different is rh-postgresql94 from community Postgres 94?

The biggest differences will be visible for admin, because rh-postgresql95 uses concept of Software Collections (https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/docs/) which means binaries are put into alternate directory (/opt) and user needs to run `scl` command to adjust $PATH first:

  $ psql
  bash: psql: command not found...
  $ scl enable rh-postgresql95 bash
  $ psql
  psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

Also name of the service is different, rh-postgresql95 uses this name:

  systemctl status rh-postgresql95-postgresql

And location of the data is different as well, by default data files are located at:

  /var/opt/rh/rh-postgresql95/lib/pgsql

As for the feature set and usage from remote server, I don't think there are any differences, so applications won't see any difference IMO.

Regards,
Honza