[sos-devel] s/plugin/module/g?

Jesse Jaggars jjaggars at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 20:07:14 UTC 2012

I can see a small benefit in calling them modules, since they literally
are python modules. My only reservation would be that module doesn't
really explain what purpose they serve, although plugin is just as bad.

I have been operating under the assumption that the 'plugin' interface was
intended to be stable. I did make alterations, but I also believe we should
bump the major version number to reflect the change.

In terms of pure terminology, I don't think plugin is a better or worse term
than module, so either term is acceptable to me.

Thanks,
Jesse