[Spacewalk-list] question about kernel updates

Michiel van Es michiele at info.nl
Thu Aug 7 11:58:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have mixed Centos 4 and 5 clients conneted tot my spacewalk server.
My spacewalk server is getting the updates every night and push them in
to the satelite.

On a CentOS 4 client, yum is still enabled and I can see updates that
the Spacewalk server is not showing to the client (everything is ok )
But on the client I can still see a kernel update and an sos update:

 Package                 Arch       Version          Repository        Size
Installing:
 kernel                  i686       2.6.9-67.0.22.EL  update
 12 M
Updating:
 rhnlib                  noarch     2.1.2-11.el4
spacewalk-client-tools  101 k
 sos                     noarch     1.7-6.1.el4_6.3  update            102 k

Transaction Summary

When I do a rhn_check -vv I get the following error on the client:

local action status:  (0, 'rpm database not modified since last update
(or package list recently updated)', {})

I DO see the package being installed in the satelite folder:

/repodata/repositories/CentOS4_updates/CentOS4_updates/RPMS/kernel-2.6.9-67.0.22.EL.i686.rpm

How can I let spacewalk push the kernel update to the client and why
doesn't the client sees the update? (it used rhnsd and osad).

Regards,

Michiel