[Spacewalk-list] Keeping spacewalk's package list up-to-date

Jason Frisvold xenophage0 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 17:30:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Deevee <devee at nerd.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I was wondering what folks are doing to keep the package list up-to-date
> within spacewalk.  My guess is that I'd just run reposync/rsync from my
> system that has the up-to-date repo to the spacewalk system and then run the
> rhnpush command to import the packages.  Doing this once a night to keep it
> in sync.  Does this sound reasonable?  I assume if the package is already in
> the database rhnpush with just skip it.

That's exactly what I'm doing here.  I have a few repos I'm syncing
locally each night with reposync, then pushing it into spacewalk with
rhnsync.  It's a little less timely than I'd like, having a delay of
up to 12-24 hours for packages, but not too bad.

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
XenoPhage0 at gmail.com
http://blog.godshell.com