[Spacewalk-list] Deploying files from configuration channels on activation

Chris Bechberger cbechberger at tendrilinc.com
Fri Dec 5 19:45:18 UTC 2008

I am currently exploring using Spacewalks' configuration management
abilities and have a question regarding auto-deployment of the files
overseen by the configuration management.  What I am looking to do is
to have all the files in the configuration management channels
deployed to a system when that system subscribes via an activation
key.  Currently the activation key has the appropriate channels added
to it and once a system is activated I am able to manually push the
files out so I know that the system is configured properly.  Is it
possible to have the files deployed as part of the activation process
or does this have to remain a manual step?

Thanks,

Chris Bechberger