[Spacewalk-list] Duplicate package provides

Greg Kuchyt kuchytgj at potsdam.edu
Thu Dec 11 19:49:33 UTC 2008

I've been working with Spacewalk with a set of channels for Fedora 10. I
was attempting to setup a kickstart tree when I ran into the output from
the "lint" tool concerning a few packages that weren't present. Upon
investigating it looks like I had six packages that weren't added to the
base channel I setup. When I attempted to add these packages with
rhnpush, I was received the following error for each package.

Error pushing ./kernel-2.6.27.5-117.fc10.i686.rpm: Error 500Error Message:
     ORA-00001: unique constraint (SPACEWALK.RHN_PKG_PROV_CID_PID_S_UQ)
violated
Error Class Code: 54
Error Class Info:
      Package Upload Failed due to uniqueness constraint violation.
      Make sure the package does not have any duplicate dependencies or
      does not already exists on the server (500)

After doing some looking around in Oracle and at the packages I
concluded that the unique constraint was being violated because the
package provides the same capability more than once.

[root at xxxxxx rpms]# rpm -qp --provides kernel-2.6.27.5-117.fc10.i686.rpm
->kernel = 2.6.27.5-117.fc10
kernel-drm = 4.3.0
kernel-drm-nouveau = 11
kernel-i686 = 2.6.27.5-117.fc10
kernel-modeset = 1
kernel-uname-r = 2.6.27.5-117.fc10.i686
linux-gate.so.1
linux-gate.so.1(LINUX_2.5)
->kernel = 2.6.27.5-117.fc10
kernel(x86-32) = 2.6.27.5-117.fc10

I understand that this is an issue with the way the RPM was built, but I
can't help wonder if there is a way to handle this situation within
Spacewalk aside from failing with an Oracle index constraint violation?