[Spacewalk-list] RE: Problems activating client

Moussa, Tarek tarekm at infosec.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 11 23:27:49 UTC 2008

Thanks for the quick answer!  My channel now has an activation key.

I'm still jammed up a bit, though.  I think this *might* be because I'm using a self-signed cert, but I'm not sure 1) if that's true, and 2) what to do even if it is.

Running:

rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=https://validhostname/XMLRPC --activationkey=<keyIJustCreated>

Returns:

An error has occurred:
The SSL certificate failed verification.
See /var/log/up2date for more information

Here's the traceback:

  File "/usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks", line 267, in ?
    cli.run()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhncli.py", line 65, in run
    sys.exit(self.main() or 0)
  File "/usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks", line 88, in main
    rhnreg.getCaps()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnreg.py", line 324, in getCaps
    s.capabilities.validate()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnserver.py", line 154, in __get_capabili
ties
    self.registration.welcome_message()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnserver.py", line 64, in __call__
    raise up2dateErrors.SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError()
up2date_client.up2dateErrors.SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError: The SSL certificat
e failed verification.

I have followed several hints that I have found wrt that error message, but I haven't gotten anywhere (I apologize for not being more specific, as this was some time ago...)

Again, your help will be much appreciated.

-Tarek