[Spacewalk-list] SpacewalkTools not installed

alpha beta mytechacc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 14:07:52 UTC 2008

Greetings,

I've played with Spacewalk for a few weeks now and have found a few
pieces missing.  I'm wondering what I did wrong as I followed the
instructions at https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/UserDocs

the problems I see might be related as I have the following errors

1:  when adding a virtualization entitlement I get
"1 system(s) failed to add Virtualization(Platform). This was caused
by errors attempting to automatically subscribe the system to the
Spacewalk Tools and RHEL Virtualization channels which are required
for virtualization"

I don't see these channels mentioned anywhere in the install docs or
in the http://www.redhat.com/spacewalk/source/ or in the WebUI.

2:  Kickstart Trees don't exist even when make-ks-tree.sh runs with no errors

3:  Remote commands webUI says
"You must have the latest version of the RHN Configuration Client
installed to use this feature. Join the system to the RHN Tools
Channel and install rhncfg, rhncfg-actions and rhncfg-client
packages."

where is the "RHN Tools Channel"?  Do I have to create it?

is there something obvious I'm missing referenceing RHNTools and
Spacewalk Tools?

thanks