[Spacewalk-list] SpacewalkTools not installed

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 16:49:00 UTC 2008

alpha beta wrote:
> 3:  Remote commands webUI says
> "You must have the latest version of the RHN Configuration Client
> installed to use this feature. Join the system to the RHN Tools
> Channel and install rhncfg, rhncfg-actions and rhncfg-client
> packages."
>

> where is the "RHN Tools Channel"?  Do I have to create it?
>
> is there something obvious I'm missing referenceing RHNTools and
> Spacewalk Tools?

The text is residuum from Satellite. There is no such thing like Tools
channel in Spacewalk. Packages hncfg, rhncfg-actions and rhncfg-client
are in spacewalk repo. So if you want them make available to your
machines you manage, just rhnpush those packages to you Spacewalk an if
you named the channel "Spacewalk Tools" or something else is up to you.

--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat