[Spacewalk-list] satellite-sync in Spacewalk?

Jason Ganovsky jasong at optonline.net
Wed Jul 16 01:17:53 UTC 2008

Hi Pradeep,

That helps me understand the architecture, thank you.

So I *think* I successfully activated my Satellite correctly (although I might
have steered wrong somwehere) but here it goes...

Basically, I used the template-eval.cert from the wiki, resigned it and
activated my first spacewalk with it.  I then copied template-eval.cert
to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhn-entitlement-cert.xml on the 2nd Spacewalk server.

Does all of that sound right?  Below is the error I'm seeing.

[root at spacewalk2 ~]# rhn-satellite-activate --no-ssl
NOTE: using backup cert as
default: /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhn-entitlement-cert.xml
RHN_PARENT: spacewalk.lnxservices.net
ERROR: unhandled XMLRPC fault upon remote deactivation (reraising): <Fault -1:
'redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: Could not find method deactivateSatellite in
class class com.redhat.rhn.frontend.xmlrpc.satellite.SatelliteHandler'>

ERROR: <Fault -1: 'redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: Could not find method