[Spacewalk-list] satellite-sync in Spacewalk?

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 01:47:59 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 9:17 PM, Jason Ganovsky <jasong at optonline.net> wrote:

> Basically, I used the template-eval.cert from the wiki, resigned it and
> activated my first spacewalk with it.  I then copied template-eval.cert
> to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhn-entitlement-cert.xml on the 2nd Spacewalk server.
>
> Does all of that sound right?  Below is the error I'm seeing.

Spacewalk (currently) doesn't have the necessary code to emulate what
it would get from hosted, therefore, satellite-sync can't be used to
sync inter-Spacewalk server, if that's what you're getting at.

See https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/InterSpacewalkServerSync
for how the thinking is this will be implemented - it;s on the roadmap
for the 0.3 release.