[Spacewalk-list] Install "Best Practices"

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Thu Jul 17 16:41:21 UTC 2008

Troy Banther wrote:
> Hello everyone. New to the list. I am working on building a Spacewalk
> server by following the online instructions.
>
> I am using RHEL v5.2, Oracle XE and RPMs from Spacewalk using yum.
>
> I am now getting install errors during "yum install spacewalk" after
> removing specspo.
>
> Before I go into listing errors, I would like to ask if anyone has a
> set of instructions that work completely or can suggest best practices
> to build this type of server.
>
> Thanks!

I'm assuming you saw this page:

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall

if it is lacking in any steps, common problems or best practices we
should update it to include those!  It is intended to be Best Practices
kind of guide for getting Spacewalk going.

Feel free to share errors you are running into,
Mike
--
Mike McCune
mmccune AT redhat.com