[Spacewalk-list] Install "Best Practices"

Jesus M. Rodriguez jmrodri at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 17:12:43 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Troy Banther <troy.w.banther at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone. New to the list. I am working on building a Spacewalk
> server by following the online instructions.
>
> I am using RHEL v5.2, Oracle XE and RPMs from Spacewalk using yum.
>
> I am now getting install errors during "yum install spacewalk" after
> removing specspo.
>
> Before I go into listing errors, I would like to ask if anyone has a
> set of instructions that work completely or can suggest best practices
> to build this type of server.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Troy W. Banther, B.Sc.
> OS X 10.5.4, Redhat/CentOS 5.2 & Debian 4 GNU/Linux and OpenSolaris 2008.05

Welcome Troy,

What sort of errors are you seeing with "yum install spacewalk"? I installed the
server yesterday using the instructions list on the wiki:
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall

FYI I had a fresh RHEL 5.2 (i386) install which I had registered to RHN and
fully updated it. Worked like a champ.

Let us know if you run into any trouble.

jesus