[Spacewalk-list] Need for a lightweight mirroring solution

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Jul 22 10:10:47 UTC 2008

Michael,
what are you trying to do? I have no idea what you mean by mirroring
RHEL packages in context of Spacewalk.

Michael DeHaan wrote:
> who have small-mid size environments that cannot use Satellite for
> various reasons.
If they can not use Satellite/Spacewalk then why you speak about it here?

> The problem with this is that Spacewalk/Satellite's yum_rhn_plugin can
> only be used to mirror packages that match the arch (and distro) of the
> requestor.  There is not a good solution for older RHEL or other arches.
Ok, so we have somebody who use Spacewalk. Why somebody want to mirror
packages? If you want distribute load, you can have Spacewalk Proxy.

Can you explain me on some use case scenario what is your goal?

--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat