[Spacewalk-list] How do I register Centos clients as "virtual" inSpacewalk?

Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com
Thu Oct 2 16:23:06 UTC 2008

Hi Albert,
The whole idea of ESX server is that the OS should have no clue, its
probably a bit unreasonable to expect Satellite to know it is
registering a server that is actually on a ESX machine. You could
probably use dmidecode to detect this but it would have to programmed
into spacewalk/satellite. The virtualization in satellite is only for
xen but I think should be flexible enought to adapt for other
virtualization platforms especially given xen's limited future with
Redhat.

Regards