[Spacewalk-list] dbhome error

Paul M. Dyer pmdyer at ctgcentral2.com
Tue Oct 28 23:39:34 UTC 2008

I have Oracle Enterprise and the dbhome script is located in ORACLE_HOME/bin.   In my XE install, that script does not exist.   dbhome just looks in /etc/oratab to figure out what the ORACLE_HOME variable is based on the ORACLE_SID.   It seems kind of useless, because you would have the have PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin before using it.

Paul