[Spacewalk-list] HTTP Status 404-/rhn/Login.do

Jesus M. Rodriguez jesusr at redhat.com
Wed Sep 17 13:49:22 UTC 2008

Karlo Paulino wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am doing an R and D on Spacewalk. Installed it on my RHEL5 Update2 32Bit Dev't Box, I used Oracle XE for my setup. I followed the steps on how to install Spacewalk from the Spacewalk.redhat.com site. I'm already done with installation of my DB, I already installed spacewalk, but when I open the page at my browser I get this error message:
>
> HTTP Status 404-/rhn/Login.do
> type: Status Report
> message: /rhn/Login.do
> Apache Tomcat/5.5.23
>
> Upon getting this message i checked if I have a /rhn directory, I was wondering why I dont have the /rhn directory, I searched my system if I have the Login.do file, but to my dismay I don't have the Login.do file. How can I fix this problem? is the Login.do file downloadable?
>
> Thanks!

*.do is mapped to a tomcat servlet. And the /rhn is used by modjk /
modproxyajp to know whether the request is to be handled by tomcat or not.

First thing I would look at is /var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out for
errors. Also, make sure you have java-1.6.0-openjdk installed.

jesus m. rodriguez        | jesusr at redhat.com
sr. software engineer     | irc: zeus
rhn satellite & spacewalk | 919.754.4413 (w)
rhce # 805008586930012    | 919.623.0080 (c)
|  "Those who cannot learn from history     |
|   are doomed to repeat it."               |
|                       -- George Santayana |