[Spacewalk-list] s390x

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Sep 30 08:12:12 UTC 2008

Andy_Hamberger at bnz.co.nz wrote:
> How about supporting s390 for the server environment? I see that there
> are currently no binaries for s390x. We are currently running Sat server
> on RHEL4 s390x. So in principle it is supported .....

Yes, it will work. What stop us is only lack of infrastructure. We are
only working of build system, which will produce i386 and x86_64
packages. I think are not willing to dedicate resource for s390(x). We
had such build system for Satellite, but we should not use it for
Spacewalk.
If you want to have s390(x) packages, you have to rebuild them yourself.
If you create and provide for others build system, which (re)build
packages for s390(x) automatically - we will be very glad.

--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat