[Spacewalk-list] how to migrate channels?

Zac Elston zac.elston at metavante.com
Thu Apr 2 15:48:41 UTC 2009

    I've got an old spacewalk .1 server and a .5 server.   how do I
migrate the custom rpms we've uploaded to .1 to the .5 server?

I'm guessing exporting a list of channels and packages from XE would be
the best method and then rhnpush the packages  from .1 to .5.

select RHNPACKAGEFILE where RHNCHANNEL= mychannel;

but I'm not familiar with SQL at all so I'm stabbing in the dark here
and thought I'd ask those more knowledgeable what SQL would generate a list?

thanks

-zac