[Spacewalk-list] how to migrate channels?

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Apr 2 16:23:33 UTC 2009

Zac Elston wrote:
>    I've got an old spacewalk .1 server and a .5 server.   how do I
> migrate the custom rpms we've uploaded to .1 to the .5 server?
>
> I'm guessing exporting a list of channels and packages from XE would be
> the best method and then rhnpush the packages  from .1 to .5.
> select RHNPACKAGEFILE where RHNCHANNEL= mychannel;

Nope, you do not want to go into DB.

on 0.1 server:
rhn-satellite-exporter -cyourchannel -d/var/tmp/somedir
copy /var/tmp/somedir  to 0.5 server
on 0.5 server:
satellite-sync -cyourchannel -m/var/tmp/somedir

Since 0.4 you can do that directly using ISS, but that is not your case.

--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat