[Spacewalk-list] error running spacewalk-setup --disconnected .5 on F10

Pradeep Kilambi pkilambi at redhat.com
Thu Apr 2 19:26:21 UTC 2009

Bryan Schneiders wrote:
> I can confirm the same results and same database errors.  I have done
> this 3 times, each on a fresh install of Fedora 10, and each with the
> same outcome.
>
> I also reported this on March 37th with no response. "[Spacewalk-list]
> There was a problem activating the satellite:    Local activation
> failure."
>
> Bryan Schneiders
> bschneiders at woti.com
> 301-562-1900 ext 305
>

> Matthew Opoka wrote:
>> I have a new error:
>>
>> SQL> INSERT INTO  rhnChannelFamily (id, name, label, org_id,
>> product_url) VALUES (rhn_channel_family_id_seq.nextval, 'Private
>> Channel Family 1', 'private-channel-family-1', 1, 'First Org Created');
>> INSERT INTO  rhnChannelFamily (id, name, label, org_id, product_url)
>> VALUES (rhn_channel_family_id_seq.nextval, 'Private Channel Family
>> 1', 'private-channel-family-1', 1, 'First Org Created')
>> *
>> ERROR at line 1:
>> ORA-02291: integrity constraint (SPACEWALK.RHN_CHANNEL_FAMILY_ORG_FK)
>> violated
>> - parent key not found

That tells me that your first org did not get created and orgid of 1 is
not available in web_customer table and throwing a primary key
constraint. You'll need to re run your activation not a direct sql
query. This will of course fail as the first org is not created yet.
Just rerun the activation step.

For the quotes issues, I'll add in the fix and rebuild new packages so
the fixed ones get pushed to the repo.

Thanks,

~ Prad