[Spacewalk-list] Force install, still looking for any answers

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Apr 7 18:06:30 UTC 2009

Jesus,

>Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 13:58:53 -0400
>From: Jesus Rodriguez <jesusr at redhat.com>
>On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 01:05:54PM -0400, m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:
>> Asking again, since I got no responses:
>>
>> I created a new CentOS 5.3 repository Friday. Today, I unsubscribed my test system to 5.2, and subscribed it to 5.3 and its child channels. I tried to upgrade.
<snip>
> What I got was that it had failed, because of rpm conflicts.
>
>Spacewalk does *NOT* use the Centos*.repo files or any file in
>/etc/yum.repos.d/. Sounds like the repomd.xml file it is

That's fine. I made it go away before my final try.
<snip>
>And what failed? errors would be helpful in debugging your problem.

As I said, above: the errors listed for the system failure were that a bunch of packages conflicted with existing packages or dependencies. Now, I thought I was doing an upgrade, and that should have not had problem, but this is what I got. So, what I'm asking is whether there's some way to tell spacewalk, when it does the push, use --force --nodeps.

     mark