[Spacewalk-list] Force install, still looking for any answers

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Apr 8 09:32:11 UTC 2009

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:

> Ok, am I *that* obtuse? No. On the spacewalk server, I scheduled a push of
> an upgrade, 143 packages including the kernel, to UPGRADE my test system to
> CentOS 5.3 from 5.2. The scheduled *PUSH* failed, telling me (in schedules,
> failed system), Error while executing packages action: Transaction Check
> Error: file /etc/ldap.conf from install of nss_ldap-253-17.el5 conflicts
> with file from package nss_ldap-253-13.el5_2.1 <snippage of another bunch of
> the same kind of failures>

This is part of the 'ick' I found once redhat went multiarch.  Two packages:

nss_ldap-253-13.el5_2.1.i386
nss_ldap-253-13.el5_2.1.x86_64

What I assume is happening is an upgrade to nss_ldap-253-17.el5.x86_64 (say).

What needs to happen is a simultaneous upgrade of i386 and x86_64 packages,
just to get yum to swallow it (allowing clashing files between like named
packages is a dirty solution if you ask me).

What happens if you do a yum upgrade on the client?

jh

--
"Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you can find a rock."
                                                      -- Anon.